What is the weather like in the Congo Rainforest?


The Seasons

The Congo rainforest has a tropical climate year round with lots of precipitation and heavy humidity and temperatures.

There are two seasons in the Congo rainforest. One called the rainy season and one called the dry season. The rainy season is from March to November. And the dry season goes from December to February.

My Dad helped me understand using Excel to create charts. I typed in all the data myself. We have made two charts. The first chart measures the average rainfall each month in the Congo Rainforest. As you can see October has the most amount of rain and July has the least. 


The chart below shows you the average temperature in the Congo Rainforest. The hottest time is in August. The coldest time is in October. I think that if I were visiting, I would go in May because it's quite rainy and quite sunny. 



We collected our data to make these charts from this Data source

We learnt from a recent study by NASA that the dry season is getting longer. Research shows that every decade it it gets longer by ten days. This means that the climate is changing and it means there is less rain in the Congo rainforest. Animals may not be able to get their water and plants won't get enough nutrients. 

             

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primates in the Congo rainforest.

What does the Congo Rainforest look like?

All about me!